Wellness, Life-Skills & Mentoring Programs
Aberfoyle Park Community Services participates in community health and welfare networks. We aim to provide accredited programs that are flexible to our clients’ needs, as well as to extend chronic disease management care plans, preventions and aging wellness programs.
Over 50% of our clients contact us during times of health or financial crisis and we seek to empower our clients to “live well” and better manage their health through improved access to information and services and learning and sharing new skills with others.
Our team members are trained in the Flinders Chronic Disease Management assessment and care planning and have also undertaken training in Australian Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia chronic pain workshops as well as with Stanford Chronic Disease Management Education and SA Baptist Care.
They are, therefore, well equipped and committed to working with you through the service “maze” and can support you by providing care planning assistance, information resources, skill workshops and referrals.
- Drop in Café, peer support, networking and information on services and agencies
- Pre- care plan support, Information for Care Plans by appointment
- Referral to agencies
- Wellness Programs, community seminars focussing on prevention and wellness.
- Chronic Disease Self-Management workshops and seminars. Timetable according to bookings and requests
- Chronic pain, diabetes, arthritis, Fibromyalgia, ME/CFS
- Health & Community Services Database – internet kiosk
- Café Clubs Network – timetable of local network
- Field placements for university students.
Federal Stronger Communities Program
Bridges & Pathways Institute Inc,
Onkaparinga City Council,
For more information, 82704316